Well, the time came to leave my second farm and I decided I wasn’t ready and I would stay through the weekend. The days are relaxed, breakfast and dinner are on your own but lunch is always the biggest meal and with the family. The food here is delicious and I have tried to pay attention to how and what they do, but I doubt I will be able to recreate their recipes. My work here at this farm is mostly “yard work”. I have pulled weeds, cut mora (a very bad plant that grows ALL over), hoed the land, covered it with compost, and watered the land. I have grown found of watering plants, maybe because it’s low manual labor, or because it is a type of meditation....haha!
In my time here the youngest had his 15th birthday. It was celebrated by homemade cakes, wines, and the “Happy Birthday” song sung in four different languages! I have also found out they are famous! They were in a very popular magazine last August, of course I couldn’t read the article but I will look it up on the internet and translate it later, but I am pretty sure they were in it because they make their own wine and liquor, they grow their own food, and make natural medicines.
I went into town a few days ago to call my brother, he turned 25 on the 10th and had a small adventure on my travel “home”! I went with a WWOOFer named Marco, from Switzerland and on the way back the bus was pulled over, the driver arrested, and the bus left in the hands of a 17 year old boy (the legal driving age in Chile is 18). It is still unsure why the driver was arrested but the family said that he is a very bad man wanted for everything you can think of. Finally, between the two farms there are 5 WWOOFers and to say farewell to our farms (4 of us are leaving 03/14) we decided to have a fiesta! The night was full of laughter, drinks, dancing, and was a fantastic closure to farm number 2.
No comments:
Post a Comment